The primary role of an Enterprise Solution Architect – Principal Architect is to contribute to the development of the company's solution architecture practice. This person works with both business and technology stakeholders, as well as with other leaders, to support business alignment and optimization by combining each of the enterprise architecture viewpoints to specify solutions for strategic business opportunities. This role will develop an integrated view of the enterprise solutions using a repeatable approach, cohesive framework, and available industry standard techniques. The primary focus is the identification and planning of common solution capabilities, development of common solution patterns, and development of business solution specifications for particular opportunities.
- Continually communicate and build consensus on enterprise solution architecture with both Technology and business partners.
- Provide technical perspective, alignment, and collaboration with business partners on new business efforts.
- Partner with business architects and portfolio managers to understand business vision and identify future platform capability needs to drive planning efforts. Contribute to the effort to incrementally develop a fully documented enterprise solution architecture and continually refresh it.
- Support the necessary ongoing efforts to incorporate the framework and documented enterprise solution architecture into organizational culture and processes.
- Research, identify and validate business value of new and emerging technology trends and capabilities in the context of the enterprise solution architecture.
- Contribute to ongoing technology investment planning for Technology portfolio domains based on the common capabilities identified in the solution architecture.
- Apply a structured solution architecture approach and methodology for capturing the key views of the enterprise.
- Assemble solutions from existing and planned business and technology (foundation) capabilities, identifying gaps as necessary.
- Translate business needs to technical capabilities for inclusion in platform roadmaps.
- Communicate available and planned business/technology capabilities and identify capability gaps.
- Promote & converge solutions to common technology foundation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or Business.
- Advanced degrees desired
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture frameworks preferred Knowledge / Experience (preferred)
- Related experience multiple verticals like Banking, Financial Services, Payments, Technology etc.
- Experience in Enterprise Architecture capacity within a large company
- Experience with defining and leading the execution of transformational efforts
- Proven experience developing enterprise solution architecture
- Strength in all domains across the enterprise with deep expertise in 2 or more technology domains
- Experience leveraging a variety of frameworks and methods to develop and promote architecture.
- Experience driving business and technology capability modeling.
- Experience creating a common architecture vision with Technology and line of business leaders.
- Experience defining processes for technology governance.
- Demonstrated ability to develop technology strategies that support technology and business strategies
- Experience facilitating cross functional teams and building consensus.
Skills / Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate abstract concepts in verbal and written, and visual forms
- Ability to translate between technical and business language and concepts
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
- The ability to recognize structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a geographically distributed environment
- Ability to develop a strategic direction and lead in areas that have a high degree of ambiguity
- Ability to build strong relationships with a variety of business and technology stakeholders at all levels
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus
- Strong situational analysis and decision making abilities
All About You: You have excellent skills in Java, Spring Boot, API design, and microservice architecture with a strong desire to be hands-on building prototypes to solve complex business problems. You have advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases. You have excellent experience in building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures, and data sets. You have excellent experience in performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement. You have strong analytic skills related to working with structured and unstructured datasets.