· Design databases and Entity Relations Diagrams to support business enterprise applications and physical data modeling according to project requirements for data acquisition and security as well as customer-defined deliverables
· Collaborate with internal and external personnel, including system architects, software developers, database administrators, design analysts and information modeling experts to determine project requirements and capabilities, and strategize development and implementation timelines
· Develop architectural strategies for data modeling, design and implementation to meet stated requirements for metadata management, operational data stores and Extract Transform Load environments
· Create and test physical data models for a variety of business data, applications, database structures and metadata tables to meet operational goals for performance and efficiency
· Support database administrators, network designers and IT personnel to create effective and secure methods for data backup and recovery
· Review existing data architectures to determine overall effectiveness and compliance with original objectives, develop comprehensive strategies for improving or replacing underperforming areas and present these plans to managers and executives
· Research new technologies, data modeling methods and information management systems to determine which ones should be incorporated into company data architectures, and develop implementation timelines and milestones
· Experience in building, optimizing data pipelines and related data sets in both real time and batch
· Experience with ETL/Workflow management tools (airflow)
· Experience in data migration from relational databases to Hadoop HDFS, Data ingestion from Kafka
· Experience in stored procedures
· Working knowledge in Java, Spring Boot, API design, and microservice architecture with a strong desire to be hands-on building prototypes to solve complex business problems.
· Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
· Experience with NoSQL databases and pros and cons of using them
· Graph databases experience
· Excellent experience in performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
· Strong analytic skills related to working with structured and unstructured datasets.
· Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable 'big data' data stores.
· Agile environment focused on continuous improvement.
· Strong desire to collaborate and provide mentorship to technology teams.
· Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical people.
· Self-starter who works quickly and efficiently to support product and technical
· Bachelor’s degree in data architecture, information management or similar field
· At least three years of data architecture experience