- Analyze and evaluate patient data and test or examination findings to diagnose nature and extent of mental disorder.
- Prescribe, direct, and administer psychotherapeutic treatments or medications to treat mental, emotional, or behavioral disorders.
- Collaborate with physicians, psychologists, social workers, psychiatric nurses, or other professionals to discuss treatment plans and progress.
- Gather and maintain patient information and records, including social and medical history obtained from patients, relatives, and other professionals.
- Counsel outpatients and other patients during office visits.
- Design individualized care plans, using a variety of treatments.
- Examine or conduct laboratory or diagnostic tests on patient to provide information on general physical condition and mental disorder.
- Advise and inform guardians, relatives, and significant others of patients' conditions and treatment.
- Review and evaluate treatment procedures and outcomes of other psychiatrists and medical professionals.
- Teach, conduct research, and publish findings to increase understanding of mental, emotional, and behavioral states and disorders.
- Prepare and submit case reports and summaries to government and mental health agencies.
- +2 - 5 years of previous experience
- Minimum Education - Doctorate Degree
- Candidate MUST be either Board Certified or Board Eligible (if within 5 years of residency completion)
- The ideal candidate will also already have a PA license and have completed a Consultation Liaison fellowship